HP Conducts Contest for Best Output Produced 07.08.2003
HP is conducting a contest for best output produced (thematic map, ariel photo, etc). The winner of the competition will receive a Photosmart 620 digital camera. Send HP a sample print file representative of the best output you produce (e.g. thematic map, aerial photo) and authorize HP to use the print file to demonstrate the use of large-format printers in GIS applications (see terms and conditions).
A team of HP engineers and marketers will select the 10 winning files. These will be those that best meet the following criteria: quality of images/files when printed on HP Designjet printers, how representative they are of actual GIS applications/sectors, eye-catchiness and creativity.
- PDF 1.3 or later version
- Original page size of A0 or E or larger, with resolution of at least 150 dpi
- Convert any uncommon fonts to lines (vectors), or include a folder with these fonts
- Remove logos from the file. (Your copyright will be acknowledged.)
- Include the source file(s) along with the PDF file
Deadline for receiving files: August 15th, 2003
Supply the following information:
- Name, job title, company
- Postal address, e-mail address, telephone number
- Industry segment, application and type of output
- Software Used
- Signed print release form
Mail a CD or DVD to: Print Zone
Hewlett-Packard Española, S.L.
08190 Sant Cugat del Vallès
Shipment by courier or other urgent means is suggested to ensure delivery within the deadline.
The winners will each receive an HP Photosmart 620 digital camera and an HP sample-print CD-ROM containing a selection of the submitted files.
Senders of other files used on the CD-ROM will also receive a copy of it. Winners will be communicated in September 2003.
Terms and conditions
The applicant to the HP Designjet competition for an HP Photosmart digital camera must accept and sign the form below and return it to HP together with the corresponding print file.
Upon reception, HP will send back to the applicant a printed copy of the submitted file together with the form signed by HP.
Print release agreement
For valuable consideration and subject to the conditions specified herein, the Licensor grants Hewlett-Packard Española, S.L. and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies ("HP") a non-exclusive, fully paid-up, perpetual and world-wide license to the materials specified below (save as the provisions stated on the additional terms which shall prevail to the provisions hereby).
Licensor warrants to have obtained the appropriate rights and authorizations from the author of the materials to grant this license, and agrees to indemnify and hold HP harmless from any claim based on infringement of any third party intellectual property rights by the use of the materials in accordance with this license.
* Materials (detail name of the data file):
* Rights. The following rights are granted in connection with the licensed materials.
*To use the materials in any format without any limitations.
* Copyright notice. The following copyright notice shall be displayed in connection to the display of the materials. No further or different notices are hereby requested.
© Year, owner name (Company and/or Individual)
* Additional Terms
* Effective Date: August 1st, 2003 By Licensor