Trimble introduced new modules for Tripod Data Systems (TDS) Survey Pro 4.0 field data collection software package--the Trimble Systems Extension (TSX) and Leveling modules. The TSX software module provides support for Trimble's optical and Global Positioning System (GPS) survey systems and both modules are designed to streamline workflow processes, allowing surveyors to work more productively in the field.
TDS Survey Pro 4.0 includes:
- A new Instrument Manager that makes it easy to pre-configure settings for Trimble total stations, GPS receivers, levels and other field instruments. After initially entering settings, users simply choose an instrument and Survey Pro is ready to work with it. And once settings are entered it's easy to switch back and forth between instruments. Users can also copy an instrument profile to other data collectors.
- Basemaps that allow users to import a drawing or graphic to use as a background map for reference. This makes it easier to identify landmarks and staking points. Basemaps can be imported in both GeoTIFF and DXF file formats.
- An editable Quick Pick list for Survey Pro on the Trimble TSCe and Recon data collectors that creates shortcuts for frequently used functions and routines.
The TSX module is available in two configurations. The Total Station (TS) option supports robotic total stations. The Integrated Surveying (IS) option supports surveying with either robotic total stations or GPS instruments.
- With the TS option, Survey Pro users can now more easily and efficiently aim a robotic total station remotely from a Trimble TSCe or Recon data collector. Survey Pro 4.0 has a fine-turning routine with a unique graphical interface which allows for remote aiming for even precise turns and a new graphical tap to turn feature that enables turn commands by just tapping on the map.
- In the IS option, a new Start Survey Wizard in Survey Pro takes users through a streamlined GPS setup procedure for easier, more reliable GPS connections. Digital cell phones can now be used in place of a radio data link for GPS communications.
- Support for the new Trimble GeoRadio 2.4 GHz for long-range, license free radio links.
- Bluetooth support for cable-free operations with the Trimble TSCe and Recon data collectors and 5800 and R-8 GPS surveying systems.
A new optional Leveling module is also available for use with TDS Survey Pro 4.0 with the TSX module and provides the following new functionality:
- Direct support for Trimble DiNi series digital levels, providing in-field data storage to the Trimble controller that improves workflow in the field.
- Allows users to perform one-person trigonometric leveling with a Trimble robotic total station, increasing the productivity of the equipment and field crews.
The Trimble TSX and Leveling modules for the TDS Survey Pro version 4.0 are now available in North America through Trimble's Geomatics and Engineering dealer network. The TSX module will ship with the Trimble TSCe and Recon controller kits. Trimble Survey Pro has only been discontinued with the release of TDS Survey Pro with TSX on the TSCe and Recon.
Source: Trimble, June 7, 2004,