Tripod Data Systems (TDS) released version 3.1 of both SOLO Field for Windows CE and SOLO Office. The new version of the popular GIS/mapping software lets GIS users link images, video clips or wave files to attributes and play them back in the field. In version 3.1, users can also change the color, line width or symbol of logged and waypoint data so that it can easily be distinguished from basemap data.
New capabilities of version 3.1 include:
- displaying DGN vector files as basemaps
- navigating along a route defined by a series of nodes instead of being limited to single-point or two-point navigation
- aiding navigation through a scaled GPS position cursor
- exporting to 3-D Shapefiles
- creating pick list menu entries by reading them from a text file, either on the PC or at run-time on the data collector