IntelliWhere, a division of Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions, announced significant industry momentum for its IntelliWhere LocationServer product and the availability of a new product version. Available since September 2001, IntelliWhere LocationServer has established early success with deployment in key markets worldwide. Customers have embraced this innovative, scalable server platform for location-based services (LBS) deployment for a variety of applications, including the following:
- GeoDecisions IRRIS solution provides mission-critical information to military and emergency personnel - GeoDecisions is developing an advanced Intelligent Road & Rail Information Server (IRRIS) for the Military Traffic Management Command, Transportation Engineering Agency, Newport News, Virginia. IntelliWhere LocationServer is used with other IntelliWhere products to support Web and wireless requirements of the solution. Personnel can access infrastructure information, render maps, conduct analyses, and generate reports for real-time, mission-critical decision support during situations such as deploying troops in the event of a national emergency. With its pre-defined road conditions and traffic and weather parameters, IRRIS can support homeland security planning in activities such as the creation of evacuation routes and providing a common operating picture for emergency responders.
- CiTR's spatially enabled e-government portal offers quick access to services information - In Brisbane, Australia, software development company CiTR has used IntelliWhere LocationServer to location-enable the CiTR AccessPoint e-government portal platform. Along with powerful search facilities that assist the public to find relevant government services, it is also possible to run "nearest to me" queries to find the closest outlet for a particular service and view the result on a map. To improve customer service both on and offline, authorized government staff and call centers can access higher levels of information through the portal to assist with inquiries.
- GIStec develops information system for online and mobile access to city of Darmstadt services - GIStec, a Team GeoMedia Registered Solutions Provider, is developing a city information system for Darmstadt, Germany, that provides online and mobile access to key business and cultural information, including business hours of city facilities and authorities, doctors, restaurants, and area shopping centers. In addition, timetables of public transport systems and theater and cinema programs are available, providing a broad range of information to citizens and visitors. The system can also deliver "in-house" location information on mobile devices. For example, when a person enters a large building such as the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research, where GIStec is located, finding a specific department and office may not be easy. The city information system provides routing information to make destinations within a building easier to locate.
IntelliWhere LocationServer adds functionality and improves performance
IntelliWhere LocationServer is a server-side software platform that provides spatial information and processing to applications. It offers built-in functionality that allows users to add LBS capability without needing specialized expertise in spatial systems. Uses include mobile workforce applications, carrier services that provide location-based information to users of mobile devices, and spatial enhancement of existing software applications. A new version of IntelliWhere LocationServer is now available with the following enhanced functionalities and performance improvements.
- Acceptance of data from Mobile Positioning Systems - Providing a benefit for carriers, IntelliWhere LocationServer now accepts location information from Mobile Positioning Systems and uses this information to perform spatial queries such as "Where's my nearest?"
- Improved performance - IntelliWhere LocationServer now performs queries up to 10 times faster than previous versions, an important factor for customers who need fast response time for mission-critical decision support.
- Support for multiple street networks - Users can define multiple networks on the host machine for IntelliWhere LocationServer. For instance, a city using IntelliWhere LocationServer may have separate networks for roads, buses, and trains - queries can access all of these to calculate routes.
- Calculation of multiple destination routes - IntelliWhere LocationServer can calculate a route for a complex trip with numerous destinations. For example, it can take daily work orders assigned to a field worker or team and devise an efficient navigation route so the assignments can all be completed without wasting travel time and work hours.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server - Support for Microsoft SQL Server provides a new database option for customers - in addition to current support for Oracle Spatial and Microsoft Access.