New functions featured across the entire PowerCAD desktop and mobile/wireless product lines include direct support for the latest AutoCAD R2002 drawing formats, new freehand sketching and callout tools for redlining, speed improvements up to 10 times over prior releases and VoiceNOTE audio note keeping technology which allows highly compressed audio notes to be embedded directly inside drawings facilitating verbal collaboration for the entire life cycle of a project.
New PowerCAD release highlights include:
- Major AutoCAD compatibility updates with support for AutoCAD R2002 DWG and DXF files.
- New VoiceNOTE audio note keeping collaboration allows instant recording and playback of highly compressed audio comments embedded directly inside drawing files, eliminating the need for time-consuming text markup and improving collaboration between project team members.
- Updated user-selectable PowerCAD or AutoCAD style desktops simplifies operation for new users and provides instant usability for AutoCAD familiar operators.
- New Freehand Sketching and Callout functions for simplified redlining.
- New wheel mouse zooming and panning for real-time manipulation of 2D and 3D views.
- Dramatic speed improvements up to 10 times over prior releases.
- New DataGUARD Crash Protection protects data against unexpected system crashes.
- New PowerCAD CE AutoHIDE function instantly toggles toolbars on or off to maximize viewing area. New PowerCAD CE on-board DWG/DXF support allows direct reading and writing of industry standard files without requirement for desktop CAD system. Enhanced Drawing Startup Assistant simplifies drawing initiation and template management.
- Three PowerCAD CE versions - PowerCAD CE Viewer ($99), PowerCAD CE Classic ($249) and PowerCAD CE Pro ($495) facilitate complete CAD processing in the field or on the shop floor, allowing billions of designs and digital blueprints saved in industry standard DWG, DXF or FLX file formats to be viewed, marked-up, edited or created on Pocket PC's,
- Handheld PC's and a new breed of high-resolution tablet sized PC's running Microsoft's Windows CE 3.0 mobile operating system.
PowerCAD Pro offers exceptional compatibility with AutoCAD featuring over 300 compatible commands that require virtually no relearning, allowing for a shared AutoCAD-PowerCAD workplace. Special pricing of $395 applies to individual PowerCAD Pro purchases made by the end of June 2002, a $100 saving off the regular price. For multiple seat purchases, a PowerCAD Pro 8-pack is available for $2,995. During the promotion, all PowerCAD Pro buyers receive a bonus library of over 7,000 bonus PowerSYMBOLS to enhance their design and drafting experience.
PowerCAD LT+ is a professional entry-level CAD system offering extensive 2D and limited 3D design capabilities. Under an aggressive introductory promotion, GiveMePower is offering a free PowerCAD LT+ license for up to one million North American residents. The company advises this offer may end at any time without notice.