The ITT Industries Space Systems offering includes:
- Sophisticated meteorological imagers and sounders used to track severe weather patterns for both commercial and military applications.
- Payload systems and components that have been part of every U.S. GPS navigation system ever launched.
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) imaging systems that collect images and related information critical to our national security.
- Image information services that provide productivity enhancements to help analysts generate, visualize, utilize and disseminate that information.
- Software technologies that provide data visualization, image processing and data analysis capabilities.
- Commercial remote sensing and systems that provide high quality imagery information for a variety of applications from municipal planning and development to environmental monitoring.
- Space science systems that provide scientists and researchers with imagery and data necessary to understand our universe.
ITT Industries expects that its acquisition of the RSS business will be modestly accretive to ITT Industries' earnings in the full year 2004. The company reaffirmed that it expects full year 2004 EPS to be near the top of its forecast range of $4.40 - $4.50 per share.
RSS is the third significant strategic acquisition completed by ITT Industries in 2004, following the company's long-held strategy of acquiring companies within or adjacent to their existing strong core businesses. In January, ITT Industries completed its acquisition of Germany-based WEDECO Water Technology, the leading provider of UV and Ozone oxidation equipment for the water treatment market, and Shanghai-based Hengtong Water Technology.
Source: ITT, Aug. 13, 2004