GiveMePower Corporation, a provider of computer-aided design (CAD) and graphics development software for Windows mobile, wireless and desktop computing, shipped PowerCAD Pro 6, its next-generation CAD software optimized to save time and money for design and drafting professionals using Windows desktop, laptop and XP tablet PC computers. Thousands of beta users around the world contributed to making PowerCAD Pro 6 smarter, faster and easier to use in the creation, management and sharing of 2 and 3-dimensional designs and drawings in industry-standard file formats.
PowerCAD Pro 6 is ideal for architectural, engineering, construction, design, manufacturing, mapping and GIS professionals who are seeking to lower costs and improve productivity, while maintaining compatibility with their existing CAD systems. Featuring nearly 400 AutoCAD-compatible design, drawing, customization and data exchange tools, PowerCAD Pro 6 is an affordable alternative or a complementary companion system to programs such as AutoCAD by Autodesk Inc. and MicroStation by Bentley Systems Inc., as well as other PowerCAD Anywhere mobile and desktop product family members.
PowerCAD Pro 6 is able to work directly with billions of existing drawings stored in industry-standard DWG and DXF file formats, with support for the latest R12 to R2005 formats. In addition to its extensive 2D and 3D design and customization capabilities, PowerCAD Pro 6 features a wide variety of unique productivity enhancing tools such as VoiceNOTE audio note keeping, digital photo management, inspection lists, freehand redlining, unattended batch plotting, and direct publishing of email-ready DWF (design web format) files for viewing and collaboration by others using the included and freely-distributable DWF viewer.
PowerCAD Pro 6 System highlights include:
Create, Manage and Share Results With Others
- Create, edit and save results in AutoCAD R12 through R2005 DWG and DXF file formats, allowing direct exchange of data with AutoCAD and other leading CAD systems.
- Publish results in lightweight DWF (design web format) format for emailing or posting over the Internet.
- Collaborate with others using stand-alone, freely distributable DWF file viewer.
- Ideal desktop, laptop or XP tablet companion for PowerCAD CE mobile/wireless handheld CAD systems.
- New FxRAY (added cost) plug-in creates photo-realistic 3D renderings and animations for customer presentation.
Faster Designs With Tighter Windows Integration
- Optimized for high-speed operation on Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP and XP tablet PCs.
- New Microsoft-standard interface supports Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) and ActiveX control, with in-place insertion and editing of objects such as Microsoft Word and Excel documents.
- Intuitive and customizable user interface virtually eliminates the learning curve for AutoCAD-familiar operators, and reduces the learning curve for new users.
- Faster drawing creation and editing with new grips and form-based property editing.
- New EnterPOINT system speeds drawing creation, with "point-and-click" angle, distance and coordinate entry.
- Create sophisticated designs with complex line types, leaders, tolerances, and other previously unsupported objects.
- View, render and print 3D solids using the new Spatial Technologies' ACIS solids viewing engine.
New Project Management And Collaboration Tools
- Enhanced VoiceNOTE audio note-keeping system allows users of any skill level to record and play back highly compressed, hands-free audio recordings, reducing errors and improving project team communications.
- New inspection list feature allows creation of detailed inspection/task lists, with options to assign tasks, add VoiceNOTEs, "red flag" critical areas, and import tasks to and from popular text editing systems.
- New digital signature stamp helps ensure the right person has signed off on project change requests.
- Enhanced redline and markup tools lets managers and inspection personnel create clear and concise change requests.
Unique Productivity Tools For Mobile Applications
- New support for Leica DISTO or Hilti PC 25/28 portable laser measuring devices facilitates on-site creation of as-built floor plans using a laptop or XP tablet PC. Also available for Windows CE Pocket PCs and handheld PCs.
- Enhanced digital image support allows instant insertion and management of digital inspection photos and raster images. Supports popular formats, including BMP, PNG, JPG, RLC and TIF (including GeoTIFF).
New Customization and Programming Features For Power Users
- New Visual Dialog, Menu and toolbar Editor (DME 2) lets users customize PowerCAD Pro any way they like. No programming experience required.
- New Lisp, C++ and Delphi application programming interfaces (APIs) feature dozens of new and powerful programming extensions, with a completely new open-architecture design which allows programmers to create custom applications and system extensions in a multi-threaded, ActiveX environment.
- Familiar environment for AutoCAD programmers and 3 rd party application developers.
On sale for $595, PowerCAD Pro 6 is part of GiveMePower's complete family of CAD Anywhere 2D and 3D design, viewing and mobile/wireless collaboration solutions--each designed to save time and money in the office, in the field, or on the shop floor. PowerCAD Pro 6 is immediately available for purchase or free 30-day trial.
Source: GiveMePower, June 24, 2004