Avenza Systems Inc. announced the release of MAPublisher 6.0 for Adobe Illustrator. MAPublisher 6.0 is mapmaking software used to produce high quality maps from GIS data.
New features in MAPublisher 6.0 for Adobe Illustrator:
- Adobe Illustrator CS compatible
- Floating licensing option availability
- New MAP Views palette to easily manage MAPublisher layers and co-ordinate systems
- New MAP Stylesheets palette to easily create, manage and apply map feature symbols and styles
- Support for Adobe Illustrator symbols and styles
- Drag-and-drop map layers between projections for automatic transformation
- Drag-and-drop symbolization and styling with new MAP Stylesheets function
- New "Simple Import" map data import option for quick and easy map data import
- Automatic projection transformation upon data import
- Support for many more local and international projections and co-ordinate systems
- Create and save custom co-ordinate systems
- Single-click automatic centering and re-positioning of page anchors
- Import support for AutoCAD DWG & DXF 2000, Arcinfo .gen, MapInfo .tab, MicroStation V8 and TIGER/Line files
- Import support for Arcview shape .prj files
- Export support for AutoCAD DXF & DWG, Arcinfo .e00 & .gen, MapInfo .tab, and MicroStation DGN files
- Automatic grain calculation and data simplification on import
- Automated text placement can now be directed to a specific document layer
MAPublisher 6.0 for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software.
MAPublisher 6.0 for Illustrator is available as an upgrade for US$399. New licenses are US$999. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Electronic versions were available for purchase and download as of the week of April 5th.
Source: Avenza, April 6, 2004