Abaco srl is pleased to announce the release of DbMAP ASJ Viewer 2.0, the multi-platform client application available for building, displaying and editing geometries stored in Oracle Spatial and Locator, or any other relational database.
DbMAP ASJ Viewer 2.0 has been specifically created for database administrators and for anyone involved in the planning and production of geographic information systems. It is very easy-to-use and has been written entirely in Java using the collection of DbMAP ASJ applets and servlets. Features include:
- Displaying selecting and retrieving tabular data and linked graphics;
- Managing and overlaying the displayed background with raster and vector data in different file formats;
- Building and managing XML project files that can be published on the internet/intranet that are used by DbMAP ASJ applets;
- A utility for deploying a WEB application, by using the XML project file, and WEB page selected from a catalogue of modifiable template files.
The user interface of this Viewer is well organized, and drives the planning and the management of the projects as visual application tools allowing to work directly to the main spatial data.
Among the main functions available in the user interface:
- Creating, configuring, and managing XML project files;
- Connecting and navigating among the spatial database schemes and views;
- Managing the displaying of spatial data, raster and vector (zoom in/out, pan, etc.);
- Creating, configuring, and managing layers and raster/vector overlays;
- Creating, configuring, and managing multiple themes;
- Configuring and managing data queries pages;
- Dynamic list management of the layers and themes;
- Publishing XML projects;
DbMAP ASJ Viewer 2.0 supports: ORACLE Spatial and Locator; Abaco multi-standard SDA driver, allowing the use of any relational database as a geospatial database; vector files in AutoCAD DWG and ESRI shapefile (SHP) format; raster imagery in ErMapper (ECW), MrSID (SID) and GeoTIFF/TFW format.
Source: Abaco, Feb. 23, 2004