For over forty years, URISA has been the center for information exchange among professionals dealing with urban and regional issues. The annual conference workshops have been and are considered some of the best real-world and practical learning experiences for attendees. During the past year, an ambitious joint effort from workshop authors, instructors and the URISA Workshop Development Committee have resulted in seven new URISA Certified Workshops and four significantly updated workshops.
Begin the conference by attending a full-day workshop (included with full conference registration) on these important and timely topics:
- Field Automation Options for Local Government
- Best Practices for Developing Geographic Information Models
- Public Data, Public Access, Privacy, and Security: U.S. Law and Policy
- Asset Management: Planning, Strategy, and Implementation
- Introduction to Digital Imagery and Remote Sensing: What You Can Do With It
- eGovernment - The New Reality
- GIS Program Management
- Cartography and Map Design
- Addresses and IS/GIS Implementation: Key to GIS Success
- Internet GIS: State of the Art
- GIS Enterprise Architecture & System Integration
In addition, the FGDC will present an advanced metadata workshop, Putting Geospatial Metadata to Work for You. Attendance at one full-day workshop is included with full conference registration.
Source: URISA, Sept. 22, 2004