Avenza Announces A Special Summer MAPublisher Offer 8.11.04
Avenza Systems Inc., the producer of MAPublisher cartographic software, announced a Special Summer MAPublisher Offer. From August 6 to September 3, 2004, anyone who purchases a new or upgraded MAPublisher license (including academic versions and floating licenses) will receive at no extra charge the Avenza MAJOR CITIES USA CD (a US$249 value).
Major Cities USA is a set of ready-to-use, royalty-free Adobe Illustrator files for 36 of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States and several smaller areas within some of the larger metro regions. There are 44 files in total. All files are derived from US Census Bureau TIGER/Line 2000 data for each particular coverage area. You get a clean base map, complete with all attribute information, ready to apply your styles and designs in Adobe Illustrator.
Key Features/Benefits of the Avenza Major Cities USA Files:
- all geographic data has been imported and laid out in Adobe Illustrator in a ready-to-use presentation.
- for areas covering multiple counties, like feature types have been combined on single layers.
- all files are geographically referenced and scaled and include the geographic information necessary to transform or project using MAPublisher and to use with additional data files.
- all road and water line layers have been pre-joined to facilitate easier labeling, style application, legend creation and searching.
- all road attribute name columns have been concatenated so that the complete name, including road type (street, avenue etc.) and directional variable, is available to facilitate easier labeling & identification.
- all layers come complete with an attribute table containing unique information for each map feature.
Note: Limit of one copy of Avenza Major Cities CD per order. On any MAPublisher orders that do not request the media kit to be shipped an extra charge will apply for shipping of the Major Cities USA CD.
MAPublisher is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Xtras for Macromedia FreeHand, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of these graphics design products. MAPublisher is available as an upgrade for US$399. New licenses are US$999. Prices include 1 year of maintenance.
Source: Avenza, Aug. 5, 2004