Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia FreeHand as well as MAPdataUSA and MAPdataWorld royalty-free data sets, announced Geographic Imager, a new plug-in suite for Adobe Photoshop that adds geospatial functionality to this powerful image editing program.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support the import, edit, manipulation and export of geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Photoshop's numerous native imaging functions such as transparencies, cropping, individual pixel editing and brightness/contrast control, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize geotiffs and other referenced raster formats, automatically mosaic images spatially, reproject images, transform and geo-reference images based on ground control points and re-export images with all spatial information intact.
Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
- Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
- Import geotiffs and other spatial raster formats along with all georeferencing
- Export geotiffs and other spatial raster formats
- Georeference non-referenced imagery
- Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
- Reprojection of spatial imagery
- Automatic mosaicking of spatial imagery
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 compatible
- Mac and Windows versions available
- Floating licensing option availability
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software. Geographic Imager will begin shipping in the fall of 2005 and will be priced at $599 for a single-user fixed commercial license. MAPublisher maintenance program members will enjoy a $100 time-limited discount. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/ Geographic Imager bundles will also be available.
Source: Avenza, July 25, 2005