The FactsNinety-two percent purchased their vehicles and 8 percent leased.
- Seventy-nine percent drive a company-owned or leased vehicle.
- More than half—59 percent—own two to six field vehicles (31 percent own one; 10 percent own more than six).
- Respondents typically purchased/leased a new field vehicle an average of every 4.8 years.
- Sixty-seven percent plan to purchase/lease a new field vehicle within the next two years.
- Fifty-four percent use their vehicles as a field office.
Most Influential Factors When Selecting a VehicleRespondents were asked to name the three factors most influential to their decision when selecting a field vehicle. Their most popular answers:
- Dependability - 61 percent
- Price - 58 percent
- Cargo space - 36 percent
- Experience/knowledge - 27 percent
- Overall value - 25 percent
- Brand name - 24 percent
- Mileage - 18 percent
- Availability - 17 percent
- Passenger room - 11 percent
Most Important OptionsRespondents were asked which three options they found the most important for field vehicles to be equipped with. Their most popular answers:
- Four-wheel drive - 63 percent
- Air conditioning - 55 percent
- Equipment organizer -44 percent
- Extended cab - 32 percent
- Electronic power port - 16 percent
- Towing package - 13 percent
- Bedliner - 12 percent
- Removable seats - 12 percent