MAPPS honored members with the 2019 Geospatial Excellence Awards as part of their 13th annual Awards Presentation that took place at the 2020 Winter Conference in Honolulu, HI, Jan. 19‒22.
The Geospatial Excellence Awards are presented to Regular and Associate Member firms whose entries exemplify the professionalism, value, integrity and achievement of the firm's staff as demonstrated over the previous year. A distinguished and impartial panel of judges evaluated the submitted projects from five categories: Data Acquisition & Processing, Surveying/Field Data Collection, GIS/IT/Remote Sensing Analysis, Small Projects (no entries were submitted for this category), and Technology Innovation/Licensed Data Products. A winner was selected for each category with submissions.
MAPPS presented the following Geospatial Excellence Awards:
• Data Acquisition and Processing: Woolpert/Optimal GEO
• Surveying/Field Data Collection: WGI
• GIS/IT/Remote Sensing Analysis: Aerial Services, Inc.
• Technology Innovation/Licensed Data Products: WhiteStar Corp.
• Members Choice Award: RIEGL USA
• Project of the Year Grand Award to Woolpert/Optimal GEO