CompassTrac 7.4, a mobile IoT (Internet of Things) platform for mobile resource management (MRM), introduced new capabilities in real-time mapping that leverage ArcGIS data. CompassCom offers a hosted SaaS option that allows login from smartphones, tablets or computers via a web browser to access apps and maps. There is also an on-premises application that works behind firewalls to access ArcGIS platforms and enterprise systems and is configurable for each department’s workflow. Updates include:
- Portable Viewer: Web-Based CompassTrac AVL Viewer to work on desktops, tablets and other mobile devices
- Customized UI: Map icons, layers, basemap, breadcrumbs, icons, look & feel
- Real-Time Alerts: Geofence, route, speed, stop/idle, tamper, curfew, monitors
- Historical Reporting: canned reports minimizing customer workload (analytical, historical, scheduled)
- Data Management: Automatic and manual archival.
The data provides operational support for public works, DOTs, utilities, first responders, defense, solid waste and aviation departments that need to deliver the right resources, to the right place, at the right time. ArcGIS map data configured to the agencies’ needs and the connectivity of CompassCom real-time telematics enables decision making with current and accurate data.