DATAMARK unveiled the latest iteration of its software and services solution, DATAMARK® VEP (Validate-Edit-Provision). DATAMARK VEP ensures public safety organizations maintain geographic information systems (GIS) data integrity, quality and interoperability during and after the transition from legacy 9-1-1 systems to next-generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1). The new version offers new and enhanced validation rules and improved reporting functions, among other benefits.
The new version of DATAMARK VEP is designed to meet and exceed the data requirements for NG9-1-1, and supports a variety of additional business processes, such as CAD Mapping . The solution also includes the following improvements and enhancements:
- New and continually enhanced validation rules
- Includes linked (concatenated) automatic location identification (ALI) checks
- Offers enhanced topology check for street and road centerlines
- Improved reporting functions
- Adds in audit and chance logs
- Enhanced editing functionality
- Offers polygon editing enhancements
- Includes access to additional user-hosted services for attribution
- Streamlined and evolving user experience
- Additional label functionality allows customers to modify the system display
DATAMARK VEP is a purpose-built software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering for addressing authority, GIS and public safety answering point (PSAP) stakeholders across the U.S. – no matter their level of technical expertise. GIS data is foundational because it must be updated in near real-time in NG9-1-1 public safety systems. As the nation’s more than 5,000 public safety answering points (PSAPs) begin transitioning to NG9-1-1, many are learning their GIS data quality is either incomplete or of poor quality and PSAPs need the means to make improvements quickly.
DATAMARK VEP provides an audit trail with a record of activity for reporting and accountability.