FARO, a source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology and construction BIM/CIM applications, announced the release of BuildIT Construction by FARO. BuildIT Construction is a comprehensive verification software solution that enables confident management of all quality assurance and quality control processes throughout the building and facility lifecycle. Construction professionals are able to continuously monitor a project with real-time comparisons against CAD designs with complete 3D data from the FARO Focus Laser Scanner.
According to the company, FARO BuildIT Construction, with FARO 3D laser scanning, is the first consolidated software and hardware solution designed from the ground up as an end-to-end, fully integrated Building Lifecycle Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) management tool. In addition to measuring aspects such as floor flatness, levelness, and wall plumbness, BuildIT Construction enables accurate comparisons to the original design files or BIM documentation, including as-built positional changes to floors, steel beams, walls, columns, windows and doors. This ensures that the actual building is being constructed to the correct specifications and as a result allows construction professionals to detect errors at every stage of the project lifecycle and reduce expensive scrap and rework.
BuildIT Construction leverages FARO’s cutting-edge 3D metrology capability, derived from 20 years’ experience in delivering measurement solutions to the manufacturing industry.
While BuildIT Construction is optimized for the FARO Focus Laser Scanner and the TracerM laser projector, it can also seamlessly be used with other third-party hardware. In addition to measuring virtually any feature against digital designs, more examples of BuildIT Construction’s unique workflows include:
Validate to Design - Ensure that buildings are being constructed to design specifications:
- Verify accuracy of design models to scan data
- Detect incorrect placement or missing features such as walls, columns, beams, pipes, etc.
Tolerance Evaluation - Keep the project on schedule while reducing scrap, time and resources:
- Perform important measurements accurately and quickly
- Inspect construction for adherence to building standards (floor flatness/floor levelness, beam camber, cut and fill, wall plumbness, etc...)
Position and Monitor – Establish liability documentation, risk mitigation and quality prefabrication:
- Verify shifts and movements within structural performance over time with 4D analysis
- Perform real-time monitoring of adjacent structures throughout the project
“Construction sites are becoming remote factories in need of build and verify solutions,” says Andreas Gerster, vice president of FARO’s BIM-CIM Business Unit. “Historically, the tolerance level for scrap and rework has been very high because it’s considered part of the normal business and until now, no one had stepped forward to address the challenge in a meaningful way. BuildIT Construction Software from FARO uniquely enables laser scanner users to perform immediate, real-time build and verify analysis throughout the entire project and facilitates a new level of cost management and operational efficiency.”
More information is available at www.faro.com.
- - - - - - - -
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO’s products, and FARO’s product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company’s plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as “is,” “will” and similar expressions or discussions of FARO’s plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- Development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company’s products less competitive or obsolete;
- The Company’s inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- Declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- Other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company’s judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.