MAPPS Recognizes Geospatial Pros with Presidential Awards
Award recognizes contributions to MAPPS and the geospatial profession
MAPPS has honored 10 individuals with Presidential Awards for their contributions to the association and the geospatial profession in 2017.
"These individuals stand out for their exemplary service to our association and profession. I'm grateful for their outstanding service to MAPPS over the past year," said Susan Marlow, MAPPS president, at the conclusion of her two-year term.
Presidential Award recipients are as follows:
- Jim Van Rens, Riegl USA, Orlando, Fla., for his efforts on 3DEP, including the publication of an e-book promoting the program;
- Bob Hanson, Michael Baker International, Harrisburg, Penn., for his service as MAPPS treasurer;
- Mike Tully, Aerial Services Inc., Cedar Falls, Iowa, for his work as the chairman of the MAPPS Program Committee, including contributions to the Emerging Leaders program;
- Marvin Miller, MRG GEO, Zimmerman, Minn., for his assistance with the Emerging Leaders program and as chairman of the Nominations Committee;
- Rich Serby, GeoSearch Inc., Colorado Springs, Colo., for his work on development and implementation of the Emerging Leaders program;
- Jeff Lovin, Woolpert Inc., Dayton, Ohio, for his leadership on 3DEP, as well as chairman of the MAPPS PAC and as USGS Liaison;
- Pam Nobles, Diversified Design & Drafting Services Inc. (3DS), Tallahassee, Fla., for her efforts as the MAPPS representative to the NCEES Future of Surveying Task Force;
- Chris Ogier, Michael Baker International, Norcross, Ga., for his work as secretary of the MAPPS Board of Directors and chairman of the MAPPS Legislative Affairs Committee;
- Steve Douty, Green Forest Surveys, Buena Vista, Va., for his efforts on surveying and geospatial workforce development; and
- George Southard, Trimble, Florence, Ariz., for his service as the first associate member representative on the MAPPS Board of Directors, along with his more than 20 years of active participation and dedication to MAPPS and the geospatial community.
Formed in 1982, MAPPS is a national association exclusively comprised of private firms in the remote sensing, spatial data and geographic information systems field in the U.S. The MAPPS membership spans the entire spectrum of the geospatial community, including member firms engaged in satellite and airborne remote sensing, surveying, photogrammetry, aerial photography, LiDAR, hydrography, bathymetry, charting, aerial and satellite image processing, GPS, and GIS data collection and conversion services. MAPPS also includes associate member firms, which are companies that provide hardware, software, products and services to the geospatial profession in the U.S. and other firms from around the world.