Icaros Inc., a provider of aerial imaging software, has announced the release of version 5.0 of OneButton Standard and Professional image processing software for unmanned aerial systems (UAS), or drones. The 5.0 release contains a significant number of major new features and hundreds of other improvements, including a new 2D and 3D map and model viewer.
Icaros developed the OneButton family for geospatial end users to automatically generate precise, fully orthorectified 2D maps and 3D models from frame-based aerial imaging systems. Originally engineered for manned aircraft sensors, the OneButton software has been modified to accommodate the unique collection conditions of UAS. OneButton is application platform and sensor agnostic, and processes raster image data from small, medium and large-format frame sensors capable of capturing visible RBG, multispectral, near-infrared and thermal infrared data.
The following new features and capabilities are found in version 5.0:
Provides both traditional and true orthomosaics
- Maintain original pixel values for multi-spectral and thermal analysis(traditional)
- Creates composite imagery for urban areas and tall structures(true)
Provides new viewer capabilities
- View 2D and 3D outputs such as orthomosaics, point clouds, and photo meshes
- Create fly-through videos
- Generate contour lines from GeoTiff terrain models
- Label features and control the appearance of you maps and models
- Add other georeferenced data as layers for reference
Continues to be scalable
- No restrictions on image size and project size
- Checkpoint restart
- Industry leading performance / processing speed
- Support for all the major sensors (multispectral, thermal),
- All industry standard output formats (e.g., big tiff)
- Higher levels of ASPRS accuracy
- Higher quality of feature extraction
The Professional Edition is easier to use in release 5.0. Professional Edition extends the Standard Edition with quality enhancement tools for more refined, professional results. It includes an easy-to-use photogrammetric dashboard, giving users fine tuning control over the photogrammetric process. Other tools in the Professional Edition let users enhance output results.
Current users of OneButton Standard and Professional editions can download and install the latest version from www.icaros.us/ob-software. New OneButton software clients qualify for a free trial to use for 30 days from www.icaros.us/onebutton/ for Standard and www.icaros.us/onebuttonpro/ for the Professional edition.
About Icaros Inc.
Based in Fairfax, Va., Icaros is a provider of geospatially accurate remote sensing software products and services. Since 2004, Icaros has provided solutions of the highest quality and precision to some of the largest organizations and governments in the world.