AltiGator and YellowScan have unveiled an ultra-light-weight LiDAR unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) combo, allowing centimetric UAV surveys in urban areas.
The YellowScan Surveyor ultra-light, stand-alone LiDAR system is embedded on the OnyxStar XENA multirotor UAV, which is the last generation professional drone designed by Altigator.
Compact, light, powerful and foldable, Xena is the result of the analysis of users' operational needs and months of research and development. Dust proof, it can be transported either in a small-size case, or as a backpack.
With a total take-off weight of 5.6 kilograms, including the YellowScan Surveyor system, the aircraft can navigate autonomously up to 25 minutes with one battery. It can also lift a combined camera to mix LiDAR scanning and photogrammetry.
The YellowScan Surveyor includes:
- High-end attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) allowing precision measurement of the attitude
- Dual-frequency GNSS receiver, capable of operating in RTK or PPK positioning mode
- Multi-echo laser scanner
- On-board computer for continuous data acquisition and processing
- Battery (up to 1.5 hours of autonomy)
- Worldwide technical and operational support
YellowScan designs, develops and produces UAV mapping solutions for professional applications. Fully integrated, ultra-light and easy to use, these highly automated data collection tools are used by customers around the world in fields such as surveying, forestry, environmental research, archeology, corridor mapping, civil engineering and mining.