senseFly, a producer of professional mapping drones, will introduce its next-generation fixed-wing system for survey-grade photogrammetric mapping, the eBee Plus, at Intergeo 2016 in Hamburg, Germany.
“The eBee Plus system is the ultimate tool for geospatial organizations that demand photogrammetric-quality mapping,” says senseFly CEO Jean-Christophe Zufferey. “With its unique upgradeable RTK/PPK functionality and flight time of almost an hour, this simple, largely automated solution is perfect for professionals working in fields such as surveying, construction and GIS who require a highly efficient method of data collection with survey-grade accuracy.”
The eBee Plus offers geospatial professionals three key benefits, senseFly says:
- Large coverage for optimal efficiency: The eBee Plus can map more hectares per flight than any drone in its weight class.
- High Precision on Demand (HPoD): The eBee Plus includes built-in RTK/PPK functionality, activated immediately or later on demand, for survey-grade accuracy that the operator controls.
- Project-perfect payloads: A camera is available to suit every application, including the new senseFly S.O.D.A. (supplied), the first sensor developed specifically for drone photogrammetry work.
Built upon senseFly’s autopilot technology, the eBee Plus features three component parts, each developed with photogrammetric mapping in mind:
- eBee Plus: A light, yet, rugged fixed-wing drone with elongated wingspan for stable, long-duration flights of close to one hour.
- Compact senseFly S.O.D.A. sensor: senseFly’s proprietary, high-resolution RGB camera. This features a 1-inch sensor and global shutter, and is capable of capturing ultra-sharp images with a spatial resolution of 2.9 centimeters.
- eMotion 3 flight and data management software: The next generation of senseFly’s easy-to-use, feature-packed ground station software, featuring a full 3D flight environment, mission block flight planning, cloud connectivity and free updates.
A breakthrough innovation of the eBee Plus is High Precision on Demand (HPoD). This describes the drone’s built-in upgrade path to real-time and post-processing correction (RTK/PPK) functionality. Once activated by the user, this paid enhancement boosts the system’s achievable horizontal/vertical absolute accuracy to 3 centimeters/5 centimeters without the need for ground control points—dramatically reducing expensive, time-consuming field work.
senseFly develops and produces aerial imaging drones for professional applications. The automated data collection tools are employed by customers around the world in fields such as surveying, agriculture, GIS, industrial inspection, mining and humanitarian aid. senseFly was founded in 2009 by a team of robotics researchers is now a specialist in professional mapping drones.