Septentrio is enhancing its Altus NR2 GNSS receivers and PinPoint-GIS software. The goal is to optimize them for the latest version of Collector for ArcGIS.
“Esri’s new version of the popular Collector for ArcGIS and Septentrio’s robust RTK GNSS solutions make for a powerful combination of highly accurate data collection and standard Esri workflows,” says Gustavo Lopez, product manager at Septentrio. “Now that Esri has implemented high-accuracy capability into Collector, it becomes the ideal companion for Septentrio GNSS integrated GNSS solutions, enabling Esri users to build a better and more reliable asset inventory.”
The company says the Altus NR2 — introduced in late 2014 — was the one of the first GNSS receivers with features such as dual cellular antennae with automatic switchover, built-in Wi-Fi, hot-swappable batteries and open architecture to work with other data collector software packages as well as Esri ArcGIS Online. NR2 firmware version 1.2.0 and upgrades to its companion PinPoint-GIS software utility are now being introduced with the following new features:
- Direct dial-up, allowing base/rover setup in areas where internet is unavailable
- Dynamic DNS for automatic NR2 base/rover connection without the need of an NTRIP caster
- Base-to-multiple-rovers connectivity, allowing base station to communicate wirelessly with up to eight rovers simultaneously with a common IP address
- Position output in the final correct local coordinate system with no extra software
- Wi-Fi access point for web interface and sharing internet connection between NR2 and mobile devices
- Vertical and horizontal coordinates automatically fed into ArcGIS
- Automatic monitoring of RTK and receiver status in the background by PinPoint-GIS
“Our open-architecture products do not lock users into any one solution,” says Neil Vancans, vice president, Septentrio Americas. “The Altus NR2 and PinPoint-GIS integrate seamlessly with ArcGIS workflows without manual intervention, and are also compatible with other field solutions like SurvCE and Field Genius.”
Septentrio designs, manufactures and sells high-precision, multi-frequency, multi-constellation GPS/GNSS equipment, which is used in demanding applications in a variety of industries including marine, construction, agriculture, survey and mapping, GIS, and UAVs. Septentrio receivers deliver GNSS positions scalable to centimeter level, and perform under heavy scintillation or jamming. Septentrio receivers are available as OEM boards, housed receivers and smart antennas.