New Cloud-Based App From Hexagon Geospatial
Hexagon Geospatial is pleased to announce the official launch of M.App Chest, a new cloud-based application associated with the Hexagon Smart M.App experience, at HxGN Live Hong Kong.
In September, Hexagon Geospatial announced the introduction of the M.App Chest Early Access Program, which provided an opportunity for users to test out the new cloud-based innovation for storing, managing and distributing large volumes of geospatial data.
M.App Chest provides a simple means to quickly upload, organize, and share imagery and point cloud data in the cloud. It also provides optional compression capabilities along with streaming and delivery via web services.
"Since 2003, we have created the equivalent of five exabytes of data. Clearly, today's organizations need the right tools for managing and leveraging high volumes of data," says Mladen Stojic, president of Hexagon Geospatial. "M.App Chest provides a better experience for easily uploading, storing and sharing geospatial data in ways that can transform any organization."
Key features of M.App Chest include:
- View M.App Chest Data Online: The free M.App Reader allows users to view data online with interactive roam and zoom tools. Data from M.App Chest can also be consumed into other applications via web services.
- Easy Availability and Access: M.App Chest flexibly ingests a variety of data types and provides secure data access, even to teams who are dispersed across the globe.
- Big Data Support: M.App Chest supports large files and provides advanced compression, helping to solve big data problems.
- 360-Degree Geospatial Content Management: All data, including business data like documents, spreadsheets, and multimedia files, can be managed within the same secure cloud-based system.
- Simple and Cost Effective: There's no installation required and IT infrastructure burden as a result. Users can simply sign up, and pay as they go.
About Hexagon Geospatial
Hexagon Geospatial is a maker of leading-edge technology that enables customers to easily transform their data into actionable information, shortening the lifecycle from the moment of change to action. Hexagon Geospatial provides the software products and platforms to a large variety of customers through direct sales, channel partners, and Hexagon businesses.