AUVSI XPONENTIAL 2016 to Include Startup Competition
A total of 15 entrepreneurs and innovators in unmanned systems and robotics have been selected as semi-finalists in AUVSI’s Startup Showdown at XPONENTIAL 2016, taking place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans from May 2 to 5.
In a closed session on May 3, the semi-finalists will have five minutes to pitch their innovative ideas to a panel of venture capitalist judges representing Airware, The Commercial Drone Fund, Qualcomm Ventures, the Westbury Group and KPCB.
Three finalists will then be selected to present their ideas at a public session on May 4 on the general session stage. At that time, each startup will have six minutes to answer questions from the judges about their ideas. The winner will receive a $15,000 cash prize, as well as one-on-one consulting time with the judges, and attend AUVSI’s Startup Connection on July 18 in San Francisco.
This year’s semi-finalists include:
- AnsuR BirdEye, based in Lysaker, Norway
- ANT-Global Services, based in Sudbury, Mass.
- Asylon, based in Philadelphia, Penn.
- BrashTech, based in Auckland, New Zealand
- Dronesmith Technologies, based in Henderson, Nev.
- Dronomy, based in Tel Aviv, Israel
- EXO Technologies, based in Tel Aviv, Israel
- GenSmart, based in Miami
- Harbrick Technologies, based in Portland, Ore.
- Luminati Aerospace, based in Riverhead, N.Y.
- Skytango, based in Ireland
- SmartC2, based in Grand Forks, N.D.
- Stratetek, based in Minneapolis
- Vanilla Aircraft, based in Falls Church, Va.
- Viooa Imaging Technology Inc., based in Vancouver, British Columbia
The companies are poised to transform intelligent robotics and will showcase technologies including 4D geospatial modeling, self-driving vehicle rapid deployment and software solutions for unmanned aircraft systems. More information about the semi-finalists and their proposals can be found here.
More than 8,000 industry leaders and professionals from more than 55 countries are expected to attend XPONENTIAL 2016. The exhibit hall will showcase more than 600 cutting-edge companies from around the world, representing more than 20 industries. In addition, XPONENTIAL will offer over 300 educational sessions, providing information about the future of unmanned systems policy, regulations and technology.
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) — the world's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics — represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets.