AUVSI Announces Host of XPONENTIAL 2016
Reps from Amazon Prime Air, Cisco Systems, the Federal Aviation Administration and Department of Defense to keynote the unmanned systems and robotics industry’s largest trade show
Award-winning journalist Miles O’Brien will host XPONENTIAL 2016, a trade show for the unmanned systems and robotics industry, taking place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans from May 2 to 5.
In addition, top executives from Amazon Prime Air and Cisco Systems, along with top officials from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Defense, will deliver keynote addresses at the show.
O’Brien, a veteran independent journalist and accomplished pilot, focuses on science, technology and aviation. He is the science correspondent for PBS NewsHour, a producer and director for the PBS science documentary series NOVA, and a correspondent for the PBS documentary series FRONTLINE and the National Science Foundation Science Nation series. For nearly 17 years, he worked as a science, environment and aerospace space correspondent for CNN and anchored various programs, including American Morning.
O’Brien will introduce each of the keynote speakers during the three-day show.
- Gur Kimchi, vice president and co-founder of Amazon Prime Air, will speak on May 3 at 9 a.m. CDT.
- John T. Chambers, executive chairman and former CEO of Cisco Systems, will also speak on May 3 at 9 a.m.
- General David G. Perkins, commander of the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, who previously served as the 21st Commander of the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center, will speak on May 3 at 3:30 p.m.
- Michael P. Huerta, administrator of the FAA, will speak on May 4 at 9 a.m.
- Frank Kelley, deputy assistant secretary of the U.S. Navy (Unmanned Systems), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development & Acquisition), will speak on May 5 at 9 a.m.
More than 8,000 industry leaders and professionals from more than 55 countries are expected to attend XPONENTIAL 2016. The exhibit hall will showcase more than 600 cutting-edge companies from around the world, representing more than 20 industries. In addition, there will be more than 300 educational sessions, providing information about the future of unmanned systems policy, regulations and technology.
XPONENTIAL 2016 will also feature the Startup Showdown, where 15 semi-finalist innovators will present to a panel of venture capitalist judges for a chance to win $15,000 in cash prizes and mentor opportunities.
The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) — the world's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of unmanned systems and robotics — represents more than 7,500 members from more than 60 countries involved in the fields of government, industry and academia. AUVSI members work in the defense, civil and commercial markets.