SPAR 3D Expo & Conference has announced several new developments for its 13th edition, which will be held April 11-14 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center in Houston.The event is focused on 3D technology applications in key vertical markets. In addition to a full conference program and a vendor-neutral exhibit hall, SPAR 3D will feature interactive workshops and demonstrations for hands-on learning of end-to-end 3D.
- Industrial Facilities/Plant: Take a 3D field trip to the Eaton’s Houston Experience Center, sponsored by LFM. Participants will experience the use of 3D capture devices in a real-world setting. Users will be able to try out laser scanning and 3D imaging systems from DotProduct, Faro, Leica, NC Tech and Riegl, among others, in the center’s mock petrochemical refinery and power substation. Along with capturing 3D data, participants will be able to experience the whole work process from capture to LFM Server database manipulation. Lunch and shuttles will be provided. Pre-registration is required.
- Forensics: SPAR 3D is partnering with the Montgomery County Sherriff’s Office and the International Association of Forensics and Security Metrology (IAFSM) to demonstrate how innovative 3D technologies are enabling law enforcement to solve crimes. The SPAR CSI, including actual crime scene investigators, offers a close-up look at how law enforcement is integrating UAVs, mobile and terrestrial laser scanning, hand-held devices and sophisticated processing tools to render crime scene data.
- Construction: A mock construction site on the exhibit floor will present common scanning challenges such as clash detection, volumetric measurement, progress on a job site, reflective surfaces, hazardous conditions and more. Process and visualization tools will be at work at the demo site and in the presentations of live demo results sessions.
- Mobile Mapping: A full range of state-of-the-art mobile mapping rigs will be on display at the event site. Attendees will have the opportunity to ride in a demo rig with scanning experts for an inside view of different mobile mapping systems and applications.
- 3D Body Scans: The Shapify booth will create 3D body scans of attendees who hop inside. Shapify uses Artec white light scanners to render printable 3D files which can then be printed through Shapify or outsourced to another printer.
About SPAR 3D Expo & Conference
SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, produced by Diversified Communications, is a technology-neutral exhibition and conference on 3D technologies for surveyors, engineers, facilities managers, asset owners and other stakeholders. Conference programming covers end-to-end 3D from data capture to deliverables, including considerations for information dissemination across the organization. SPAR 3D content examines how 3D technologies are applied in a range of applications including engineering, construction, operations & facility management, infrastructure, manufacturing and security.