Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference Announced
A coalition of six Midwest geospatial organizations is producing an event that will provide mid-level, career-minded GIS personnel with the opportunity to broaden their connections and professional knowledge.
The Upper Midwest Geospatial Conference (UMGEOCON) will take place May 25-26, 2016 at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse. It will focus on emerging geospatial trends and technologies. The event program committee is seeking innovative presentations and workshops that explore the geospatial revolution.
Some potential topics include:
- Cross border/regionally significant issues
- Indoor positioning systems
- LiDAR developments
- Spatial law
- Open data polices
- Drones/UASs/UAVs developments and issues
- Building information modeling (BIM) systems
- Automatic vehicle location systems
- Emergency services sector issues
- Smart grid
- 3D geospatial modeling
- Open source software
- Cloud services
- Data sharing solutions
- Systems integration
- Professional certifications
The call for abstracts will remain open through Jan. 18 and an announcement of selected abstracts will be made by Feb. 8.
Click here to submit a proposal.