GPS2CAD-08 Reduces Survey Costs
July 28, 2008
AMC, Inc. has just released GPS2CAD-08, a powerful Windows application that enables users to bridge the gap between your GPS unit and AutoCAD. We are pleased to announce that an all NEW version is available.
Reducing the cost of field data collection and drawing preparation is the primary benefit of this program. It allows users to import data from inexpensive, recreational grade GPS units, convert the data to a CAD – usable format, and plot it in AutoCAD. Cost savings to companies come in three main areas:
- Reducing the cost of the technology required – simple recreational grade GPS units from manufacturers such as Garmin, and which cost under $500 can be substituted for professional grade units that cost $10,000 or more
- Reducing the cost of Personnel – instead of a professionally trained surveyor required to operate the GPS equipment, technicians can be used to walk a site and collect data points where necessary
- Reduce Drafting costs – the time required to produce CAD drawings with the data is greatly reduced two ways:
- GPS2CAD-08 easily sends the data into the drawing
- GPS2CAD-08 can also send aerial map images into the drawing
The program is best used in situations where the precision of recreational – grade GPS units is acceptable to the job requirements, which is often the case in the planning stage of a project, or with projects where precise location of topographic features is not necessary.
GPS2CAD-08 is “built from the ground up” to take advantage of the latest in hardware and software technologies.