Intergraph Strengthens Proven Geospatial Resource Management System 03.05.2003
Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions will be demonstrating unprecedented openness, performance, and interoperability between our key product lines for utility and communications companies and municipalities participating in this year's GITA conference in San Antonio, Texas. In the Intergraph booth, attendees will see the following completely integrated solutions, which strengthen Intergraph's integrated Geospatial Resource Management (GRM) offering: G/Technology and GeoMedia for geospatial facilities management, analysis, and data mining; InService and IntelliWhere solutions for emergency response and field crew and mobile asset management and tracking; and TerraShare, an image distribution and management solution.
As a superior-enabling engine for GRM, Intergraph's G/Technology provides open data access as never before. "The only thing between you and your geospatial data should be an SQL statement," said Arthur Spencer, executive vice president, Utilities & Communications Division, Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions. "The challenge is not only to offer geospatial facility data in a single enterprisewide database, but also to ensure a performant and scalable solution. We are setting new industry standards in all these areas."
Intergraph's commitment to GRM is based on our customers' achievements of noticeable benefits and dramatic timesavings. Quantifiable results - with returns on investment realized within two to three years - have come through the reduction of redundant processes, more efficient capture, design, and analysis of network asset information, and more efficient management of resources involved in service delivery.
Key technologies that round out our GRM offering to users - from small to large, one user to thousands of users - are listed below:
- G/Technology-based Industryware, G/Electric and G/Gas, are geofacilities management systems for electric and gas integrated workflows.
- G/Technology-based G/Comms for communications companies is integrated with Visionael 6, Visionael's Network Resource Management (NRM) software solution. The combined solution offers both inside and outside plant management.
- Metadata Wizard is our G/Project Tool that speeds G/Technology implementation and migration from other GIS platforms.
- GeoMedia PublicWorks Manager helps users manage all aspects of a public works project - from modeling to analyzing water and wastewater systems.
- IntelliWhere OnDemand, an off-the-shelf vector application that runs on Pocket PC devices, puts an organization's GIS and asset data in the hands of the mobile workforce.
- IntelliWhere TrackForce is a server-based, highly scalable platform that allows enterprises to track and manage the location of field crews and mobile assets in real time.
- InService is the only product on the market that provides fully integrated outage and mobile workforce management technology in a single application environment.
- TerraShare, a modular, client-server system that manages terabytes of geoimaging data, is designed to address the image management and distribution needs of large IT organizations within utilities and government entities.