Intergraph Honors Winners of Best Practices Award 06.12.2002
Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions announced the winners of the first international Best Practices Award and Student Poster Competitions, sponsored by the Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions for Education Program. The worldwide competitions recognize projects and programs based on Intergraph's GeoMedia and MGE technology. Students were invited to display their creative and innovative use of geographic information systems (GIS) software in the classroom by submitting posters. Educators were asked to submit entries that illustrate groundbreaking GIS programs in the classroom.
The awards were presented by Preetha Pulusani, president of Intergraph Mapping and GIS Solutions, at GeoSpatial World 2002, in Atlanta, Georgia, on June 12, where winners of the Best Practices Award also presented their papers. Winning entries from the Poster Competition were on display throughout the conference, and all winners received a cash award and complimentary registration at GeoSpatial World 2002 in recognition of their achievement. Biographies and abstracts of the winning entries can be found at www.intergraph.com/education.
The winning entries included: Poster Competition I - K-12 and primary and secondary schools
- Jimmy Alexander Harper, first-place winner, Fountain Lake Cobra EAST Lab, USA
Poster Competition II - Community colleges, technical schools, universities, and distance-learning programs
- Thomas Hilker, first-place winner, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Russell Bigley, second-place winner, Northern Illinois University, USA
- Doria Tai Yun Tyng and team members, third-place winners, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Best Practices Award
- Michal Kucera and Jiri Machacek, first-place winners, Masaryk University of Brno, Czech Republic
- Rainer Ketteman and Dietrich Schroeder, second-place winners, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Catharina Riedemann and Werner Kuhn, third-place winners, University of Muenster, Germany