Carney Named New CEO of SPOT's U.S. Operations 08.22.2002
Carney became the Chief Executive Officer of SPOT Image Corporation in August, 2002. He leads the U.S. operation's continuing transition from a technology to a business-based regional corporation as part of SPOT's global enterprise.
Carney's background includes 10 years of management at SPOT Image Corporation in the U.S., where he most recently served as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. He joined the company as Chief Financial Officer in 1992. Mr. Carney's achievements include:
- Co-developed, negotiated, and implemented channel partner strategy
- Negotiated large customer contracts, including contracts with the National Imagery and Mapping Agency and the U.S. Geological Survey
- Restructured operations to ensure profitable, sustainable growth
- Revised customer licensing strategy and programs
- Revised capital structure for U.S. operations
- Negotiated ground reception contracts for North America
- Implemented new human resource and employee benefit programs
Prior to joining SPOT, he served as Chief Financial Officer of iNet America, a U.S. subsidiary of Bell Canada, and was a Manager at the public accounting firm Deloitte & Touche.
Carney is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.