ESRI's ArcGIS StreetMap Europe Now Shipping 05.14.2002
ESRI, the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) solutions, announced that ArcGIS StreetMap Europe is available. The ArcGIS StreetMap Europe extension enhances the ArcGIS suite of software by providing users with powerful and easy-to-use European street map display and geocoding.
With ArcGIS StreetMap Europe, ArcGIS users can access street level data for most major western European countries. The new extension includes street level data coverage for Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal and the United Kingdom.
ArcGIS StreetMap Europe offers the following key capabilities:
- Graphic display of streets and other geographic features.
- Ability to geocode multiple addresses in a table.
- Display of the geocoded location of a single address as a graphic point on the StreetMap layer.
- Writing geocoded locations of addresses in a table into a new point feature class.
- Auto-labeling of the StreetMap layer.
- Ability to export the StreetMap features into other feature classes.
- Display of attribute tables.
ArcGIS StreetMap Europe uses NAVTECH NAVSTREETS data that is offered in two different data options: general roads or detailed streets. The general roads option is a single data set that covers all of the listed countries. The detailed street option is available separately for each individual country or as a package that includes the data for all the listed countries. With the detailed street option, users will be able to geocode against the data set.
Supported geocoding functions allow users to
- Geocode and find a single address.
- Geocode multiple addresses from tabular data files.
- Rematch and review addresses with an interactive review dialog box.
- Match street intersections.
- Match place name aliases.
- Provide alternate names in reference data matching.
- Automatically update the geocoded results when records in the address table are modified with the editing tool.
- Control geocoding preferences such as point distance offset, end offset, spelling sensitivity, minimum match score, multiple street intersection connectors, and automatic matching if candidates tie in score.