URISA Names New Members to Vanguard Cabinet
Five new members selected for 2014-15
URISA has announced five new members to its Vanguard Cabinet.
The Vanguard Cabinet is a URISA initiative that started in 2011 to engage young GIS practitioners, increase their numbers in the organization and better understand the concerns of young professionals.
The 2014-15 Vanguard Cabinet members:
- Kari Chael – CDM Smith (Chicago)
- Jennifer Egan – Wireless Applications Corp. (Bellevue, Wash.)
- Sarah Finne – Connected Nation (Bowling Green, Ky.)
- William Moore – Clark County GIS (Winchester, Ky.)
- Andrew Spiliotis – Planning Communities, LLC (Raleigh, N.C.)
Each member serves a two-year term. Meet each member and learn more about VC activities here: http://www.urisa.org/about-us/vanguard-cabinet/
Cabinet members are selected through an application process, with a review by the Vanguard Steering Committee. The application process for 2015 Vanguard Cabinet members will open in December 2014.