- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
ASPRS has named Bon A. Dewitt, Rongxing Li, Richard A. Pearsall, Karen L. Schuckman and Douglas A. Stow its 2014 Fellow Award winners.
ASPRS gives the Fellow honors to active members who have “performed exceptional service in advancing the science and use of mapping sciences (photogrammetry, remote sensing, surveying, geographic information systems and related disciplines),” according to a press release.
- Dewitt, an associate professor and director of the geomatics program at the University of Florida, is the faculty adviser of the ASPRS Student Chapter at the university. He also has worked as a private consultant and expert witness in court cases involving forensic photogrammetry.
- Li, a professor in the department of civil and environmental engineering and geodetic science at Ohio State University, is a 20-year member of ASPRS and a pioneer in high-resolution satellite image stereo processing (IKONOS and QuickBird). Li has made contributions to the NASA Mars Exploration Rover mission and Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.
- Pearsall, now retired, worked for the United States Geological Survey, National Mapping Division, from 1976 to 2007. From 2007-2011, he worked as GEOINT standards officer for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency from 2007-11.
- Schuckman, a senior lecturer in geography at Penn State and president of Seven Valleys Cosulting LLC, has lent her expertise in remote sensing and photogrammetry to engineering groups. Schuckman worked on projects for EarthData, including LiDAR acquisition for the North Carolina Floodplain Mapping Program.
- Stow, a professor of geography at San Diego State University, co-founded the Center for Earth Systems Analysis Research in 1985 and still serves as co-director. Stow has twice received the ASPRS Leica Geosystems Award for Best Scientific Paper in Remote Sensing published in “PE&RS.”
The organization will honor the winners at the ASPRS 2014 Annual Conference in Louisville, Ky.
For more information, go to the ASPRS website at www.asprs.org/Press-Releases.