Riegl Announces LMS-Q1560
Laser scanner system can be used for a variety of airborne surveying missions.
The Riegl LMS-Q1560, which can be used for a variety of airborne surveying missions, features a two channel scanner that makes use of powerful laser sources, multiple-time around (MTA) processing, echo digitization and waveform analysis.
The combination allows the operation at various flight altitudes, making it suited for aerial surveys of ultra-wide areas as well as urban environments.
It can be operated at a maximum pulse repetition rate of 800 kHz, providing an effective measurement rate of 530,000 measurements on the ground. It can operate at an altitude of up to 15,500 feet.
Also, the LMS-Q1560 comes with a forward/backward looking capability, which enables it to capture data from multiple angles more effectively and more accurately at high point density along with a 60-degree field of view.
Other main features of the LMS-Q1560:
- Digitization electronics for full waveform data.
- Single, multifaceted polygon mirror for beam deflection.
- Integrated multi-megapixel aerial medium format camera.
- Integrated secondary camera (e.g. IR-camera).
- Integrated inertial navigation system and GNSS receiver.
- Fiber coupled high-speed data interface to single Riegl data recorder.
- Various interfaces to external cameras and GNSS.
In addition to high-altitude mapping and mapping of urban environments, the Riegl LMS-Q1560 can be used for glacier and snowfield mapping; city modeling; mapping of lakesides and riverbanks; agriculture and forestry; and corridor mapping.
DR1560: Airborne Data Recorder
The Riegl DR1560 is the accompanying digital data recorder to the Riegl airborne laser scanners, using three removable drive carriers with integrated solid state drives for smooth operation.
The DR1560 provides various data interfaces and can store data acquired with the full waveform laser scanners Riegl LMS-Q1560 and LMS-Q780 as well as Riegl’s online-waveform processing V-line laser scanners.
Features of the DR1560 include:
- Solid state drives (SSD) 3 inches x 2.5 inches.
- Fiber coupled high-speed data interface.
- Removable drive carriers.
- Up to 10 hours airborne data logging capacity.
- Data rate (WRITE) up to 150 MB/second per interface.
- Online data integrity check.