- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
GeoCue has released a new version of the LP360, a LiDAR extension for the ArcGIS.
The experimental release (EXP version 2013.2.24.0) includes features for LP360 for ArcGIS; LP360 for Windows, 32 bit; and LP360 for Windows, 64 bit.
The LP360 2013.2.24 includes the following features for all workflows:
- Full support for LAS version 1.4
- New LAS file load dialog, providing tabular views of LAS file header information and basic integrity testing. Table can be copied and pasted to Excel. Supports Drag and Drop file addition from Windows Explorer.
- Filter by Scan Angle (for both old style 1 byte and new LAS 1.4 2 byte scan angle)
- “Insert into Map” option added for products generated by the Export Wizard
- LP360 has been internationalized
- Japanese language version (alpha)
- Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements
For Point Cloud Quality Check (QC) workflows:
- Dynamic delta elevation (dZ) visualization for assessing swath to swath relative vertical accuracy
- Dynamic point density viewing mode for graphically inspecting LIDAR point density
- Image creation and export for both dZ and density images (via the Export Wizard) to allow synoptic, graphical quality reports
- Automatic loading of symbology for “View by Point Source ID”
For advanced exploitation and analysis, including point clouds from dense image matching such as micro-Unmanned Aerial Vehicles:
- Volumetric computation with Cut & Fill map added as a new Point Cloud Task (beta)
- Conflation is now available as a Point Cloud Task and includes direct 3D digitizing of points, lines and polygons with a wide variety of Z conflation algorithms (beta)
The LP360 Experimental release program allows customers early access to “in-progress” features and improvements. Customers with valid maintenance contracts can download this new EXP release via the LP360 “Check for Updates” feature.