- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
Trimble announced its new Trimble Tablet PC, a rugged and mobile field computer for surveying.
The new tablet can operate with Trimble’s suite of receivers and total stations to provide a complete surveying solution. With Trimble Access software, the tablet
|The Trimble Tablet PC (photo credit: Trimble)|
streamlines workflows and allows surveyors to run applications they need to perform directly from the field.
Using the multi-touch screen, surveyors can type, pan, and zoom with their fingers, a stylus or capacitive gloves. The display features technology created to enhance sunlight readability. Viewing data, maps and applications is also easier so that surveyors can use Trimble VISION instruments and applications dependent on visual data and graphic interfaces. Jobsite documentation is possible using the tablet’s built-in 5MP camera with autofocus and built-in flash capabilities, while simultaneously providing geotag functionality using integrated GPS.
Other features of the Trimble Tablet include:
- 7-inch multi-touch screen.
- Gorilla Glass panel display.
- Windows 7 operating system.
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom dual-core processor, 4 GB RAM and 138 GB of flash-based storage.
- Connectivity via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and a 3.75 GSM cellular data modem.
- Extended battery set for up to 16 hours of operation.
The Trimble Tablet PC is available for ordering. For more information, visit www.trimble.com/surveytablet.