- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
LIVERMORE, Calif. – July 24, 2012 –Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS), released a new mobile GIS field software – eGIS. Compatible with Topcon’s FC-25, FC-236, Tesla and GRS-1 controllers, eGIS achieves all accuracy capabilities, from autonomous measurements to RTK centimeter level accuracy. The new software makes it easy to collect and maintain databases for a variety of uses, including electric utilities, gas pipelines, disaster management, water and wastewater operations, forestry, highway maintenance, environmental studies, as well as other mapping projects.
Jason Hooten, TPS national sales manager for GIS products, said, “As applications for GIS data collection continue to expand, we are pleased to offer an easy-to-use field software solution. The customization and graphical interface aspects of this software make it very simple to collect, view, download and export GIS data.”
Key features of eGIS include:
• ESRI compatible (Native Shapefile format);
• Fully integrated GRS-1 GNSS functions;
• Capture, edit, analyze and display geographic information;
• Quality control of real-time positioning;
• High-resolution camera integration; and
• Customizable toolbars and functions
For more information, visit www.topconpositioning.com.