- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
URISA will award students cash prizes for best student-authored papers. Winners will be recognized at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, California, September 29-October 2, 2009.
The following types of papers are encouraged:
1. Comprehensive literature review on a spatial technology and its application.
3. Application of an implemented spatial technology and its demonstrable impact on a public or private sector organization.
4. Treatment and development of spatial technologies and theory.
The URISA Student Paper Committee reviews all papers. Winners will be notified in July 2009.
- First Place - $500 cash. Free conference registration and recognition at the URISA Annual Conference in Anaheim, CA. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
- Second Place - $300 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal.
- Third Place - $150 cash. Free conference registration. Paper may be published in the URISA Journal. Additional prize money is being offered regionally by URISA Chapters and sponsoring companies (see the web page for details).
Only papers meeting the evaluation criteria will be considered. Further information regarding eligibility, submission criteria, prizes, and policies are available on the URISA website at www.urisa.org/student_paper_competition.