Nominations for URISA GIS Hall of Fame
This award is not given every year, and some years there may be multiple recipients. The selection criteria for this honor are:
- At least 25 years of sustained professional involvement in the GIS field.
- Original and creative contributions to the field.
- Well known and respected by a wide range of peers.
- Consistent demonstration of sound professional and personal ethics.
Nominations must be submitted to URISA by May 1. The nomination shall consist of a letter of no more than 2 pages. The letter will describe how the person or organization has met or exceeded the award criteria. It must be in electronic format and emailed to info@urisa. A committee of past URISA Presidents will review all nominations and make recommendations to the URISA Board of Directors by mid-June.
Each inductee will be honored in the following manner:
- Recognition by URISA, one of the world’s premier geospatial organizations
- Name and contributions memorialized on the GIS Hall of Fame website
- Substantial acknowledgment through a press release and announcements
- Elegant glass recognition award identifying the nature and date of the ceremony
- Complimentary registration to the URISA conference where the award is given, including an invitation to the VIP reception.
- Complimentary hotel room for the length of the URISA conference.