- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
Speaker: Eric Gakstatter, GPS World Survey &
October 28, 2008
10:00 PT / 1:00 ET
The Department of Defense GPS Wing has proposed to discontinue supporting Civil P(Y) semicodeless on GPS L1 and L2 after December 31, 2020. This would render a massive amount of high-precision GPS equipment obsolete after that date...as many as 300,000 dual frequency receivers.
What You'll Learn:
- A discussion of the semicodeless technique they are referring to.
- Who's affected.
- Which receivers are affected.
- How it might impact your organization.
- What options you have if you own legacy dual-frequency GPS equipment.
Who Should Attend:
The seminar will be targeted to professionals in high-precision positioning:
- Land surveying
- Aerial surveying
- Photogrammetry/remote sensing
- Civil engineering
- Natural resource management
- Utilities/public works
- Environmental management
- High precision guidance in Aviation
- Military and Government
ERIC GAKSTATTER is GPS World's contributing editor for Survey & Construction, writing a twice-monthly e-newsletter. He has spent 18 years in the GPS survey/mapping industry as a product manager, GPS user, consultant, and a non-partisan advocate for the GPS user community.
Click here to sign up!