- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
The preliminary schedule includes many informative and fun events such as:
- The Impact of Surveying on Ohio Settlement by Dr. Kevin Kern
- Surveying Practices in Ohio Prior to 1785 by Milton Denny, PLS
- Colonial Surveying Procedure and Accuracies by Milton Denny, PLS
- Native Americans in the Ohio Country Prior to 1785 by Roger Moore
- Several activities at Hale Farm and Village including a BBQ Lunch and Colonial Fashion Show
- The Surveying of Ohio by Ann Besch, S.I.
- The Greenville Treaty Line and the Portage Path by General Rufus Putnam (aka Thomas Besch, P.S.)
- A Road Rally field trip to locate markers along the Portage Path
- Banquet with special guest speaker Israel Ludlow (aka Jim Williams, P.S.)
- Annual SHS Auction
- Locating and setting a monument at the POB of the land segment of the Greenville Treaty Line, accessible only by canoe
Lodging Information: Hilton Akron/Fairlawn
Registrants are responsible for their own room arrangements. The Akron/Fairlawn Hilton has given us a rate of $99.00 per room per night, plus applicable city and state taxes for those making their reservations prior to August 21, 2008 and stating that they are attending the Surveyors Historical Society Rendezvous. The hotel telephone number is 1-800-525-2419, or send a fax to 330-867-1648. The hotel is located at 3180 West Market Street, Akron, Ohio. Hotel information can be found at www.akronfairlawn.hilton.com.
For further updates about program details, registration and lodging visit the Surveyors Historical Society website at www.surveyorshistoricalsociety.com/.