Carlson Software Introduces SurvCE 2.0
SurvCE 2.0 gives its users a real choice by supporting the most instruments, file formats, and handheld devices. This includes several GPS network protocols, such as NTRIP, TCP, and UDP, plus all major manufacturers’ conventional and robotic total stations and RTK GPS systems.
Always visible “Hot List” buttons allow users to jump to SurvCE 2.0 routines without needing to memorize key stroke shortcuts. SurvCE 2.0 also “keeps track” of all base stations, rovers and total stations used and allows users to go from one to another without time-consuming reconfiguring.
To make Carlson SurvCE 2.0 even more convenient and easier for the user, “Help” buttons give immediate access in the field to the entire user manual.
“We listen intently to our customers to deliver better, improved software solutions that meet their needs,” says Bruce Carlson, president and founder of Carlson Software Inc. “Our new SurvCE 2.0 takes the best of our tried-and-true SurvCE line and adds features like Trig Leveling and Volume Calculations to save surveyors time and effort when in the field.”
In addition, the more than 50 top new features include the following:
· Enhanced graphics and standardized icons;
· Support of LandXML points, DTM, graphics, alignments, profiles and sections;
· Ability to compute volumes between two surfaces, one surface and an elevation, or simple stockpile volumes;
· Option to use a template DXF file for new jobs to automatically create layers and colors per your company standard;
· Support of an unlimited number of localization points; and
· Ability to stake offset intersections and bisectors at angle points.
Carlson SurvCE 2.0 is available now. To learn more or to place an order, go to www.carlsonsw.com to find the dealers/resellers closest to you. For more information, call Carlson Software at 800-989-5028.
Founded in 1983, Carlson Software Inc. specializes in office design, field data collection, and machine control products for the civil engineering, surveying, construction and mining industries worldwide, providing one-source technology solutions from data collection to design to construction. Carlson Software, www.carlsonsw.com, is headquartered in Maysville, Ky., with offices in Boston, Atlanta, and Queensland, Australia.
Source: Carlson Software, May 29, 2007.