Hemisphere GPS, a Division of CSI Wireless, Introduces New SBX-4 DGPS Beacon Module
Calgary, Alberta –CSI’s Hemisphere GPS division, a global manufacturer of GPS products, has announced the introduction of its new SBX-4 differential GPS (DGPS) beacon module. The SBX-4 is the newest DGPS beacon module in Hemisphere GPS’ SBX series, the world’s most popular DGPS beacon modules.
The SBX-4 is designed for use by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) who need to integrate a versatile precision beacon receiver module into their product.
“The new SBX-4 adds to our company’s history of leadership and success in beacon products,” said Steven Koles, President and CEO of Hemisphere GPS. “The SBX-4 is one of the few OEM products on the market that is IEC 61108-4 compliant and fully compatible with the beacon radio navigation networks.”
The SBX-4 DGPS Beacon Module features:
• Dual channel design allowing for strongest signal or new closest station (database) tracking
• Patented ceramic filter blocks out-of-band signals to optimize reception
• Reverse compatibility simplifies integration with products based on the existing SBX-2 and SBX-3 modules
• Boot loader ensures firmware upgrade reliability
• Dual serial ports to accommodate separate RTCM and NMEA communications
• Certified IEC 61108-4 and RoHS compliant
The SBX-4 is a seventh generation differential radio beacon receiver that is designed and manufactured by Hemisphere GPS. It is a compact module that receives GPS differential correction data broadcast through a worldwide network of beacons. It is fully backward compatible with previous SBX modules and complies with the new IEC 61108-4 beacon standard for improved performance and additional features.
Hemisphere GPS has integrated the SBX-4 into several products including the new Crescent R110 DGPS Receiver.
For further information on this product, please visit www.hemispheregps.com.