- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
"The Crescent A100, which will be available in June, is ideal for agricultural, marine, GIS mapping and other precision applications," said Rick Heiniger, President of Hemisphere GPS, a wholly owned subsidiary of CSI Wireless Inc.
"Thanks to the high accuracy of our recently introduced Crescent GPS OEM module, the Crescent A100 establishes a new class of sub-meter GPS performance: less than 60 centimeters, 95 per cent of the time utilizing WAAS or other suitable differential GPS signals."
The Crescent A100 features:
- especially fast start-up and signal reacquisition times
- update rates of up to 20Hz
- radar-simulated pulse output to determine ground speed
- CAN and serial communication for compatibility with many devices and interfaces an LED that conveniently indicates when the unit has power, when it's tracking GPS, and when it has a DGPS solution
- easy mounting, using fixed or magnetic options
- low, compact profile to avoid potential overhead obstructions
COAST software enables Hemisphere receivers to utilize old differential GPS (DGPS) correction data for 40 minutes or more without significantly affecting the quality of positioning. When using COAST, receivers are less likely to be affected by differential GPS signal outages due to signal blockages, weak signals or interference. No competing products offer this flexibility.
e-Dif software enables Hemisphere receivers to achieve DGPS-quality positioning accuracies without the need for a differential signal - meaning no recurring subscription fees. e-Dif typically maintains less than a one-meter drift during 40-minute periods. It is ideal for locations where other differential services are limited or expensive. In regions where differential signals are freely available, e-Dif provides reliable back-up.
The Crescent A100 will replace Hemisphere's existing GPS smart antenna products - the Seres and AgIQ - and those under the brands of Hemisphere's OEM partners, including agricultural industry partners.
For more details about the impressive performance of Hemisphere's Crescent GPS receiver technology, email email@example.com and request the Crescent White Paper.