Beginning from the top, the drawing shows lots 7 through 19 of Block 32 of Denny and Hoyt’s addition to the city of Seattle, which was platted in 1888. South of those lots, the drawing shows a dedicated strip for Ewing Avenue. South of that is a 100-foot right of way designated “Railroad Right-of-Way.” The drawing shows the north 20 feet of the railroad right of way to be encumbered by part of Ewing Avenue by prescription.
The 100-foot railroad right of way pre-dated the plat. A prior owner of the land granted it in 1887, using a deed that provided: