GeoConcept launches GeoConcept Pocket 07.08.2002
GeoConcept, a European leader in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), launched GeoConcept Pocket, its mobile GIS solution that gives access to the world of GeoConcept from a PDA. This new solution means that GIS is always easily accessible. Powerful and user-friendly, GeoConcept Pocket is the ideal GeoConcept GIS resource in the field, and considerably increases the range of applications that can use GeoConcept.
With GeoConcept Pocket, it is now possible to navigate a map from a PDA with ease. Information is displayed quickly and additional data can be added, and the user can directly update information from the field thanks to user-friendly data capturing tools. GeoConcept Pocket is totally compatible with the whole range of GeoConcept software. This means it provides exhaustive information that the user can download onto his or her PC without the need to convert files and without data loss. The user can easily personalize his or her GeoConcept Pocket with a special development kit. This new solution requires at least Windows CE 3.0 as well as minimum 32MB RAM.
Benefits to the user include:
- Two zooms enable movement around the map and the ability to get a global perspective
- The user can choose objects and display the attributes and the geometric layout using index cards and mini-index cards
- Calculating distances between two points
- Availability of highly detailed maps (street-level scale) with full European coverage
- Availability of extended and precise cartography thanks to FCM (Fast Compressed Maps), the new compression format from GeoConcept that significantly condenses the size of cartographic data. This means complete maps of large towns and networks with more than a million objects can be stored on a standard PDA.
- Availability of quality imaging, optimized through the integration of SmartLabel technology, which guarantees the dynamic display of place names.
There is a wide range of possible uses for the information available through GeoConcept Pocket:
- Logistics to visualize campaigns and get information on progress.
- Organization of travelling sales forces and the ability to improve schedules
- Help with personalized navigation and the ability to enrich databases with industry-specific data
- Data capture from the field (for example, network servicing, agricultural surveys, and civil defense).
- GeoConcept Pocket is an ideal solution for those responsible for land surveys, for surveyors, or landscape architects.