- SPECIAL REPORTS
- THE MAGAZINE
At the GIS for Transportation Symposium (GIS-T) in Colorado Springs, Colo., Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions is showcasing geospatial resource management solutions that underpin the success of 39 Department of Transportation (DOT) agencies across the nation as well as state, provincial, federal, and municipal agencies worldwide. Intergraph (booth 20) is highlighting the latest advances in productivity delivered by the company's recently announced GeoMedia 5.1 solutions through demonstrations of geospatial resource management, linear referencing systems, enterprise geospatial Web portals, location-based services, imaging systems, transportation planning, and map production.
"Transportation agencies rely on Intergraph solutions to help merge geospatial data with information technology and business process improvement tools as they tackle daily operational challenges and plan for future transportation developments," said David Kingsbury, managing director of Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions' North America Transportation Competency Center. "With the industry's most in-depth suite of transportation management solutions, we are committed to helping professionals improve communication, decision making, and productivity throughout the enterprise."
Industry-proven solutions on display
During the show, attendees will see desktop, Web, and mobile transportation management implementations involving Intergraph customers, including Alberta Transportation, Hawaii DOT, Iowa DOT, Manitoba Highways, Nebraska Department of Roads, Nevada DOT, Ohio DOT, Oregon DOT, and Tennessee DOT. These implementations will include solutions for the following:
- Advanced roadway inventory analysis and planning - Intergraph's geospatial resource management and linear referencing systems allow easy access to network and asset data throughout the organization, regardless of format or database location. This allows professionals to maintain their digital road database using source data to view, analyze, and present the most up-to-date information.
- Imaging solutions - TerraShare, a product of Intergraph's Z/I Imaging company, stores, manages, and accesses multiple types of imagery and terrain data and helps transportation agencies eliminate the worries of lost or out-of-date imagery for planning and construction.
- Enterprise Web portals ? Subcontractors, suppliers, transportation companies, and passengers can satisfy their information needs with dynamic access to an organization's information repository using Intergraph's GeoMedia Web technology, which takes advantage of Microsoft .NET.
- Field data collection using location-based services - User-friendly PDA software, from Intergraph's IntelliWhere division, enables field crews to collect and update data for tasks such as road sign inventory, accident analysis, and more, with GIS and asset data at their fingertips.
- Transportation planning for new corridors and impact studies - Intergraph's grid technology solution enables planning personnel to conduct best-path corridor studies as well as analyze the environmental and watershed impacts of road projects.
- Cartographic map production - Intergraph offers multiple options for producing maps with quick and easy editing, composition, and plotting functionality, including street and road maps, topographic maps, atlas maps, land-use and resource maps, thematic maps, orthophoto maps, and image maps.
Successful transportation implementations recognized
Also, during the show, Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions will honor the following state/provisional transportation agencies as recipients of the 2003 GeoSpatial Innovations for Transportation Award: Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department, Iowa Department of Transportation, Florida Turnpike Enterprise, and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. This award is given to transportation organizations that have implemented innovative solutions that show the benefits of geospatial technology in support of the organization and the public they serve.