Autodesk Announces 2004 Family of Industry Solutions 03.17.2003
Autodesk Inc. announced its next generation of design software, a full range of powerful new technologies including the fastest AutoCAD software release yet– AutoCAD 2004 - and a new family of AutoCAD-based products. The product family includes twelve robust design application releases customized for the building, manufacturing and infrastructure markets: AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD LT 2004, Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004, Autodesk Building Systems 2004, AutoCAD Mechanical 2004, Autodesk Civil Design 2004, Autodesk Civil Series 2004, Autodesk Map 2004, Autodesk Map Series 2004, Autodesk Raster Design 2004, Autodesk Land Desktop 2004, and Autodesk Survey 2004. Forthcoming releases of the Autodesk Inventor Series 7 and Autodesk Revit 5.1 advanced modeling products, although not built on the AutoCAD platform, will be compatible with the new AutoCAD family of products. Customers can preview these products this week at the National Design Engineering Show (NDES) 2003 in Chicago and at the Geospacial Information & Technology Association (GITA) Conference 2003 in San Antonio, Texas.
“Our customers - Fortune 100s and small- and medium-sized businesses alike—understand that digital design data is a strategic business asset. The more broadly they share design data across their teams and out to business partners, the more profit they can earn from their design assets,” said John Sanders, vice president of Autodesk’s Platform Technologies Division. “The new AutoCAD product and its family of industry-specific solutions integrate project work quickly and easily, allowing customers to create and share design data with ease and to manage the software with greater efficiency. The new releases are packed with new features to help complete projects on schedule by helping teams work better together, becoming more productive than ever before.”
Getting the Right Data to the Right People at the Right Time - DWF 6
The new Autodesk 2004 family of industry solutions features DWF 6 (Design Web Format), an enhanced collaboration and publishing platform to help customers share data for seamless design collaboration and communication throughout project lifecycles. The newly enhanced file format delivers a highly compressed, multisheet, non-editable CAD file that is rich in metadata, allowing designers, engineers, developers, and their colleagues to quickly and easily communicate design information to anyone needing to view, review, or print design information. The new DWF files can be viewed and printed with the Autodesk Express Viewer, included with the 2004 products and downloadable on the Internet. The viewer is a free, lightweight, high-performance application that is easily distributed to anyone on the project team, even those who do not use an AutoCAD product but need to view digital design data. The DWF file format serves as the strategic foundation of the entire Autodesk product family.
The Right Solution for Many Perspectives
Autodesk has a design solution to fit the needs of customers who span multiple industries. The launch of the new Autodesk 2004 family of industry solutions includes product releases that help customers create, share and analyze project information throughout the entire project lifecycle, from concept through completion. The following is a brief description of the new products. For an in-depth look at new product features, please visit http://www.autodesk.com/preview2004.
- AutoCAD 2004 software is the 2D drafting, detailing, and 3D design tool for faster design creation and easier file sharing.
- AutoCAD LT 2004 software is used for drafting and detailing by design professionals in all industries who require full DWG file format capability and do not need to customize their software. Building Industry
- Autodesk Revit 5.1 building information modeler is Autodesk’s strategic solution, supporting the new AutoCAD 2004 platform and offering a parametric change technology that increases productivity, so building professionals have more time to concentrate on project issues and more control over design quality. The Revit system automatically coordinates all design information for the best possible construction documentation.
- Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 is a building information modeling solution within an AutoCAD environment that offers a streamlined user interface, automated file and level management, and integrated photorealistic rendering and animation for greater productivity, better coordination, and smoother collaboration and data exchange.
- Autodesk Building Systems 2004 is the most complete building information modeling solution for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers built on Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004 technology. Infrastructure Solutions (formerly GIS Solutions)
- Autodesk Map Series 2004 is a comprehensive mapping software package, including Autodesk Map and Autodesk Raster Design. Autodesk Map 2004 is precision mapping and GIS software for creating, maintaining, and analyzing maps and geographic data. Autodesk Raster Design 2004 is an imaging solution for the display, manipulation, and plotting of raster images with vector data.
- Autodesk Civil Series 2004 offers a complete toolset for civil engineering and surveying professionals. Autodesk Land Desktop streamlines land development projects, supporting topographic analysis, parcel and roadway alignments, COGO integration, volume and contour calculations, and more. Autodesk Civil Design 2004 extends the power of Autodesk Land Desktop with tools for site development and road, hydrology, and hydraulic design. Like the Autodesk Map Series, the Autodesk Civil Series also includes Autodesk Raster Design 2004. Autodesk Survey 2004 extends Autodesk Land Desktop to capture and manipulate field survey data.
- In addition to the products above, the entire product line of Autodesk’s Infrastructure Solutions will support AutoCAD 2004 data formats, including Autodesk MapGuide, Autodesk Envision, formerly Autodesk OnSite Desktop, Autodesk GIS Design Server, and Autodesk’s CAiCE transportation design tools. Manufacturing
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2004 is a purpose-built 2D mechanical design solution optimized for intelligent mechanical engineering and design, associative production drawing and detailing, and standards-based 2D content.
- Autodesk Inventor Series, an award-winning design package for companies planning to migrate to 3D, includes the best of 2D and 3D design software, with the Autodesk Mechanical Desktop and Autodesk Inventor applications.
Purchasing Information The new Autodesk family of software will be available through Autodesk Authorized Resellers (www.autodesk.com/reseller). The easiest way to keep Autodesk design tools up-to-date is through the Autodesk Subscription Program. For an annual fee, the program provides the latest versions of licensed Autodesk software, including extensions, offering a budget-conscious way to stay current with the latest technology. For more information about the Autodesk Subscription Program, visit www.autodesk.com/subscription. For more information about Autodesk software, visit www.autodesk.com.