Spicer ViewCafÃ© 3.2 Expands Universal Viewing Capabilities 12.16.03
Spicer Corporation announced ViewCafÃ© 3.2, an upgrade to Spicer's scalable, Java thin client universal viewing and markup tool.
When integrated to ECM or PLM systems, ViewCafÃ© enables users to easily access and review virtually any electronic file stored in the document repository. Organizations can leverage ViewCafÃ©'s rapidly deployable, platform-independent Java applet to give globally dispersed business partners instant access to project information. Intuitive markup capabilities make it easy to share ideas online and request changes to product data.
New features in ViewCafÃ© 3.2 include:
- Native 3D viewing, markup, measurement, and interrogation capabilities for SolidWorks, SAT, Pro/E, STEP, CATIA, and VDA-FS models
- Microstation DGN 8, Office 2003 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Visio preview (versions 5, 2000, 2002, 2003)
- 3D callout and dimension markups can be added to 3D models
- Point-to-point distance measurement for 3D models
- 2D documents, 3D models, and fonts can be cached on the server for accelerated loading of frequently accessed files
- Model Explorer window that displays all parts of the active 3D model. Users can select individual model parts and rotate, pan, zoom and measure them
- Markups can now be saved in DXF ASCII, RDL, CGM, CIMAGE DWG, HPGL, and Spicer EDT, in addition to XMS formats
Source: Spicer Corp., Dec. 15, 2003